Wednesday, June 3, 2009

"Farmington, where???"

We often get far flung calls from the various Farmingtons across the country...here is the most humorous thus far, happened on Wednesday.

Our Farmington Room Librarian is also involved in the Historical Society. She got a call for the Farmington Historical Society and they asked...

"Do you have a buggy or old-fashioned carriage we can borrow for an event?"

“ No”, I said, why would you think we did?”

"Somebody told me that they thought you did."

"No, we don’t, but where are you calling from?"

"San Juan Regional Medical Center", was the reply.

"San Juan?" Of course, I’m thinking San Juan, Puerto Rico.

“How would you get it there anyway, if you don’t mind my asking?”

“With a horse”, she says.

"But how are you getting the horse to San Juan?"

“Walk, I guess” she says.

"Wait a minute", I reply. The light is beginning to glimmer. "Where are you calling from?"

"Farmington," came the reply.

"Where are you calling to? You are calling Farmington, CT. Where are you?," I asked

"OH!", she says, "Farmington NM!"

So I said to her, "I am sorry I was so insistent but I couldn’t figure out how the horse was going to cross the ocean."

"Well, I did think it was odd that this was a long distance phone call!"

No comments: